We are the Delta Chapter of Tau Beta Sigma from the University of Oklahoma, originally organized as the Alpha Mu Eta Honorary Band Sorority in 1942. The chapter aspired to promote University Bands among women. With the help of A. Frank Martin and the Delta chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi, thirty members were initiated into the chapter. In 1946, the chapter petitioned to join the newly chartered Tau Beta Sigma Honorary Sorority. On April 28, 1946, thirteen women were granted charter status. Though our chapter was the second to join the national chapter, we chose to name ourselves Delta, to ensure that the Delta chapters of Tau Beta Sigma and Kappa Kappa Psi would become the first “twin” chapters.
For more information on the national history of Tau Beta Sigma, click here.